Who can join? Our programs involve skaters ranging from approximately 4 years of age to masters skaters – every age and ability!
Fees are based on the Group in which the skater is placed, along with their age. There are also Fundraising and Volunteering fee components which can be addressed either by paying or by participating in fundraising and volunteering opportunities. These fee components are 50% for the second and subsequent skaters from each family.
Fundraising with the SLSSC is accomplished by a variety of projects, ranging from phone book delivery, bingos, food sales, gift sales, chocolate almonds, etc. Each family may choose to participate in these activities to raise all, a portion of, or none of their requirement. Post-dated cheques for the fundraising requirement are submitted at registration.
Once a family has met their fundraising requirement, they may continue to participate in projects to raise funds that will be credited to their skater account. 75% off the net amount earned by the family (after project expenses) for a given project will be credited to their skater account and 25% goes to the SLSSC.
Volunteering is a rewarding Club requirement. Enthusiastic volunteers ensure the growth and success of our Club. Successful clubs are family oriented. Families earn vounteer credits by helping at the organizational level, on-ice, and by officiating at meets that we host.
Welcome New Members!
On meet and greet night, you will be able to::
- Pick up your skates (if renting)
- Find help with online registration
- Hand in post-dated cheques for fundraising and volunteer amounts
- Speak to coaches, board members and other skaters
You should be aware of the following SLSSC policies:
- Registration fees must be paid in full
- Fundraising and Volunteer cheques should be post dated to March 31
- Cheques must be received by the Club prior to the child going on the ice to skate
- An additional levy of $15 will be charged for NSF cheques
- Refund Policy (for Registration Fee Portion only):
– Full Season
– Prior to Dec 31st 50% refund
– After Dec 31st 50% refund with Dr.’s Note
– Half Season/SLTS: No refund after first night of skating
Our Need to Know Booklet has much of the information you need to get started with the club. Access it here:
If you still have questions about the Club and our programs, please contact:
Director Membership Development – Rob Makowsky at email@example.com or call/text: (306) 371-3721